Author Topic: Did the jailed Madeleine suspect take my little boy Yeremi too?  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Mr Moderator

Did the jailed Madeleine suspect take my little boy Yeremi too?
« on: November 27, 2013, 10:36:08 AM »
Did the jailed Madeleine suspect take my little boy Yeremi too

Sunday Express
From James Murray IN GRAN CANARIA
28 June 2009

A MURDER suspect that Madeleine McCann investigators want to quiz worked in a shop near where a boy of seven disappeared, we reveal today.

Heartbroken Spanish single mum Ithaisa Suarez, above, now says the man Madeleine private investigators w ant to question should also be asked about the disappearance of her son Yeremi Vargus in the Canary Islands, The British man is on remand in a UK prison awaiting trial for the alleged murder of a British woman and cannot be identified for legal reasons.

Private investigators are building up a picture of his movements in the Iberian peninsular and are trying to establish if he was in Praia da Luz on Portugal's Algarve coast when Maddie w as snatched in May 2007.

Retired detective inspector Dave Edgar says he is among seven "persons of interest" to their investigation and he wants to know if Madeleine's disappearance is in any way linked to the abduction of Yeremi Vargus on Gran Canaria on March 10, 2007.

Speaking exclusively to the Sunday Express Ithaisa said: "This is a very complicated story and very mysterious but just maybe we are getting closer to the truth. Every day I pray for answers, so I hope at last we finally know what happened."

Her shy and softly spoken son vanished while playing on rough ground next to his villa home in the town of Vecindario, 20 miles down the coast from the island's capital, Los Palmas.

"Yeremi was playing by himself with his little yellow bucket, " she said, brushing away a tear.

"He was only on his own for four minutes. It is very safe around here and I know all the neighbours. All the children play together in the street.

"I was just about to call him in for lunch but when I went outside he was gone. There was just his yellow bucket lying there on the ground.

"I called out his name, but nothing.

It was in the middle of the day but someone just came along and scooped him in their arms and took him away. I think they must have used a vehicle, a car or a van. One minute he was there, the next he went into thin air. Everyone in the town searched for him.

"Later the police told me the detectives from Los Palmas told them they were interested in a British man."

The island police had been alerted because the man had served a lengthy prison sentence in Britain for serious offences against children.

Ithaisa added: "They told me he first worked in a shop not far from my home and then went to live in the south of the island and apparently did cleaning work. He seemed to move about a lot.

"When poor Madeleine vanished in Portugal I wrote to her parents, Mr and Mrs McCann as I wanted to show sympathy. I wondered then and still wonder if the person who took Yeremi also took Madeleine. These are unusual crimes for anyone to commit. You have to be a certain type of person.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:09:50 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Moderator

Re: Did the jailed Madeleine suspect take my little boy Yeremi too?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 10:44:29 AM »
"As a mother I need to know what happened to my son. I want him back so much, it is a pain inside of me. I have to see a psychologist. I keep his bedroom as it was with his toy racing cars and his books. Yeremi has a little brother. All we want is to be a family again."

Ithaisa keeps in close contact with another mother on the island who is desperate to know what has happened to her missing daughter. Sara Morales vanished on July 30, 2006 when she was just 14 from Los Palmas.

Sara's mother Nieves Castellano told the Sunday Express: "My daughter will be 18 in January if she is still alive. She was a normal happy teenager who loved her family, especially her little sister Alba. She went out that weekend with friends to go to the cinema and to shop and never came home.

"She went off from the group and I think she was kidnapped by someone in a vehicle. We've not heard anything from her and we're desperate for news.

We have posters all over the island with pictures of Sara and Yeremi as it's possible the same person took them."

Gran Canaria has become a haven for British criminals on the run. Although there are several police stations, they are poorly resourced. One British resident said: "There are not enough well trained detectives to keep an eye on all the crooks over here."

Online Angelo222

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:54:57 PM »
There is far too much of this sort of thing going on in Spain and Portugal for it to all be just coincidence.  Its time the authorities got to grips with these monsters who are running around Europe molesting and abducting children.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Benice

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:10:45 PM »
There is far too much of this sort of thing going on in Spain and Portugal for it to all be just coincidence.  Its time the authorities got to grips with these monsters who are running around Europe molesting and abducting children.

Hopefully if nothing else the McCann case has been a wake-up call to put proper procedures in place to make it harder for these monsters to succeed.    IMO the UK is ahead of Portugal in this area of criminality and if the PJ and SY do work together - as is now being suggested, then surely mutual benefits via shared expertise will be the outcome.   That can only be a good thing IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Carana

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »
Hopefully if nothing else the McCann case has been a wake-up call to put proper procedures in place to make it harder for these monsters to succeed.    IMO the UK is ahead of Portugal in this area of criminality and if the PJ and SY do work together - as is now being suggested, then surely mutual benefits via shared expertise will be the outcome.   That can only be a good thing IMO.

I agree. Whether what happened to Madeleine is ever discovered or not, I would think that the very process of establishing a systematic approach with a database and examining lines of enquiry might shed light on the cases (past, present or future) of other children or even adults.

Offline LagosBen

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »

I agree. Whether what happened to Madeleine is ever discovered or not, I would think that the very process of establishing a systematic approach with a database and examining lines of enquiry might shed light on the cases (past, present or future) of other children or even adults.

Yes and should be put into effect immediately imo.

Didn't the McCanns plead for an Amber Alert system also?

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 10:22:44 PM »
Remembering another little boy lost for over 6 years. Yeremi Vargus (7) was last seen playing outside his house in the town of Vecindario, Gran Canaria, on 10 March 2007, a mere 7 weeks before Madeleine McCann also disappeared.

Yeremi Vargus (7) vanished while playing next to his home.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:34:12 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Lyall

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 10:53:09 PM »

PJ & SY work together? Just a few years ago an Inquiry was needed because UK forces didn't work together. I don't think the UK is ahead at all personally.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 12:52:36 AM »
PJ & SY work together? Just a few years ago an Inquiry was needed because UK forces didn't work together. I don't think the UK is ahead at all personally.
The PO from the LC worked pretty well with the PJ. They left (orders) when the McCanns left in September, many wondered why.

Lyall

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 01:05:20 AM »
The PO from the LC worked pretty well with the PJ. They left (orders) when the McCanns left in September, many wondered why.

Orders, Anne? Intriguing.

I know officers on the ground will doubtless work well together. I just meant at the higher levels.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 01:36:55 AM »
Orders, Anne? Intriguing.

I know officers on the ground will doubtless work well together. I just meant at the higher levels.
I just meant that they were called back to the UK by the "higher level". The PJ found it weird.

Offline sadie

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 02:56:28 AM »

Yeremi Vargas was abducted just before Madeleine in his home village of Vecindario in the SE of Gran Canaria.

Vecindario is situated
1)  Almost on the main motorway around Gran Canaria
2)  Only just over 6 miles from two airports / private flying clubs
3)  Just over 2 miles from the ocean and a place where boats could moor.  Two major marinas /ports within about
15 miles by motorway
4)  A car race track close.

So similar in style of situation to Figueira where Joana Cipriano went missing and not disimilar to where Madeleine went missing

Had he been taken by boat, the obvious place to have boarded him would have been at Pasito Blanca Marina.  A very quiet marina with one section remote from the rest and with access  by van right up to any boats in the remote section.  This Marina would, I think, be the rich mans marina because there are golf courses very close and a quiet air about the whole place.  Swish and Grand hotels nearby for sports.  Long drive up to keep the hoi poloi away

When I visited there were some grand boats in harbour.

These are only my ruminations .... but having visited the Canaries (Tenerife and the small island of La Palma) soon after Madeleine went, complete with posters of her, I noticed posters of Yeremi up.   Madeleine was soon  posted up in several places alongside Yeremi. 
I developed an interest in Yeremis disappearance and kept my eyes open when I later visited Gran Canaria.

Just throwing these observations and ruminations out in case they fire any thoughts from anyone else.

Online Angelo222

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 03:30:41 AM »
It must be simply awful for the parents of these children at this time of year.  So many unknowns.  8(8-))

Yeremi going missing in March and Madeleine disappearing in May makes one wonder could the same people really be responsible??

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:35:45 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 07:09:16 AM »
It must be simply awful for the parents of these children at this time of year.  So many unknowns.  8(8-))

Yeremi going missing in March and Madeleine disappearing in May makes one wonder could the same people really be responsible??

I read ages ago that there was a guy linked with his disappearance a known pedophile who had tried to snatch a girl the same time.

It was thought in January that a man arrested for the attempted kidnapping of a 10 year old girl, and identified for two other kidnap attempts in Vecindario 12 months previously, could have been involved in Yeremi’s disappearance. A pet crematorium in Telde was searched for any sign of Yeremi Vargas and Sara Morales, who was 14 when she disappeared in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria in the summer of 2006. No trace was found of either of the two missing children.

What is interesting is the pet crem, and also the white van with cleaners aka the Scottish guys Charles O'Neill and William Lauchlan who are in prison.

I would bet your money on them to be honest, I read they were actually in the area running a cleaning company from a WHITE VAN.

Wasnt there a WHITE VAN seen in PDL? I did read that the police had spoken to them about Yeremi and the McCann child but nothing seems to have come of it.....

But the profile for Yeremi would be right with these guys, young lad etc.

One of them has a passing resemblance to GM. I often wondered if they were instrumental in her disappearance but the silence from the police about them kind of fizzled out.

What is so sad is the people who seem to be in these gangs are from our own Isles.....

or men that children trust and know.....

Its a sick old world sadly.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:11:48 AM by colombosstogey »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 10:01:19 AM »

Vecindario is situated
1)  Almost on the main motorway around Gran Canaria
2)  Only just over 6 miles from two airports / private flying clubs
3)  Just over 2 miles from the ocean and a place where boats could moor.  Two major marinas /ports within about
15 miles by motorway
4)  A car race track close.

So similar in style of situation to Figueira where Joana Cipriano went missing and not disimilar to where Madeleine went missing

Though, to be honest, on a small holiday Island, it is difficult to  get too far away from a place like you talked about.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.